Did you know you can get paid to advertise on your car? This underrated way to make money is an easy option for earning passive income for drivers. Imagine driving to work on your regular daily commute and making money passively throughout the drive.
All you have to do is wrap your car in a company’s advertising and you can earn up to $1,500 or more while you drive.
People are working with car wrap advertisers like Wrapify and others to generate passive income for them while driving.
In this article, discover how car wrap advertising works and read about 5+ clever ways to make money driving with car advertising. We will cover:
- Six advertising companies that pay you to wrap your car
- How the car wrapping process works
- How much car wrap advertising pays
- Pros and cons to consider
- And more…
So let’s go!
What is car wrap advertising?
Car wrap advertising happens when companies pay people to advertise using a car wrap on their cars. A car wrap is either a vinyl decal placed on the rear window or the side of the car or a custom installation where the entire vehicle is wrapped in advertising.
In car wrapping ad campaigns, you can partner with these advertising companies, and they will have your vehicle wrapped with promotional advertising and graphics.
This can include:
- A company’s logo and tagline
- Company address, phone number and,
- Other things
At the start of a car wrap campaign, your vehicle is wrapped. When the campaign is over, the wrap is removed, and your car can be wrapped again for another campaign.
The idea is to promote the company using a car wrap. So, when drivers operate their cars and drive during their commute, people will take notice of the promotional materials. This helps the general public learn about the advertiser and increase brand awareness.
This is beneficial for advertisers because it can potentially:
- Drive brand awareness
- Increase sales and,
- Drive traffic to the company
The exposure advertisers receive can be far-reaching, especially in areas with large populations.
People who see your car in public areas, on highways, on local roads, and around town will see the company advertised on your car. Car owners who agree to have their car wrapped earn money passively for this service they’re providing.
The amount you earn can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on factors like the kind of car you drive, your location, and the advertising campaign.
5+ Clever Ways to Get Paid to Advertise on Your Car
Here are 5+ websites you can partner with to connect you with opportunities to make money advertising on your car.
Carvertise is one of the most popular car advertising companies online. They’ve been in business for over a decade, helping many drivers earn passive income with car wrap advertising.
- There are no fees for using Carvertise
- The car wrap is professionally installed and removed locally
- Decals are safe for car paint
- You can choose what brand advertises on your car
- Monthly direct deposit payments
This is an opportunity for rideshare drivers and regular drivers to make extra cash with their cars.
How it works?
To start with Carvertise, first, you’ll complete the driver application. You’ll answer questions about your car and the area where you normally drive.
Next, Carvertise will match you with brands to work with.
Then, your car is wrapped, and you’ll start earning money passively.
Carvertise pays up to $450 to $1,500 per campaign, and you can become a driver with them by filling out this 3-step form on their website.
Wrapify is an ad-tech platform matching advertisers with car owners in car wrap advertising campaigns. As a driver with Wrapify, you’ll have an opportunity to earn hundreds per month passively with no upfront costs, car wrapping your vehicle in an advertising campaign.
How it works?
First, you’ll download the Wrapify app on your phone. Next, you’ll sign up to become a driver. Then, you’ll drive your normal commute to qualify for advertising campaigns and receive an offer.
Wrapify will match you with campaigns, and you will start driving and making money with your car!
3. Sticker Ride
Sticker Ride is an advertising company that offers on-car advertising. They wrap your car with advertising graphics, and you make money driving as normal, showcasing the ads on your vehicle throughout your regular commute.
How it works?
First, register your car using the Sticker Ride app on your phone. The registration process can determine what kind of campaign rates you qualify for based on: car type, location, daily driven miles, and other factors.
Next, you will be able to choose campaigns. The campaign types vary based on the car wrap, whether it’s a back windshield sticker or an entire car wrap. Then, you’ll apply for the campaign you’re interested in, and if you qualify, you’ll be approved.
Once approved, you’ll head to a car tuning station to wrap your car, where you can start driving as usual and make money passively with your car.
4. Free Car Media
Free Car Media pays you up to $400 per month for driving with car wrap advertising. You’ll self-register with the platform then, match with an advertiser, wrap your car, and start earning money.
How it works?
First, apply for a campaign with Free Car Media. Next, match with advertisers. Then, after you match with an advertising campaign, you’ll wrap your car and start making money!
Car wrap advertising campaigns pay $50 to $400 monthly, depending on the campaign.
Nickelytics is an advertising company that pays you to advertise one of its brands on your car. They work primarily with rideshare and delivery drivers but also accept daily drivers. This is a great way to get paid to advertise your car, whether you’re a rideshare or regular driver.
- Quick and easy 3-step application process
- Professionally installed car wrap, free to you
- Earn up to $500 per month
How it works?
First, download the Nickelytics app to your phone. Signup and complete your profile, answering questions about your car, driving habits, etc.
Next, activate the app while you’re driving. Nickelytics can match you with advertisers that align with your driving habits.
Then, the car wrap installation happens. You can either have a custom installation or follow their instructions to self-install the car wrap on your vehicle so you can start making extra cash.
Most drivers earn between $175 to $250 per month, but some are in campaigns paying up to $500 per month.
6. Stickr (Referral cars)
Stickr is a car wrapping company that matches drivers with advertisers in car wrap campaigns where you can get paid to advertise on your car. They pay up to $2,300 annually in cash and gift cards to drivers.
- Earn cash and $50 to $175 in gift cards every month
- Available in all 50 U.S. states
- No vehicle or mile restrictions
- See-thru decal
How it works?
Apply on Stickr, and fill out their form, which collects your information.
Then, Stickr will match you with advertisers and start making money driving. Stickr has a $10 monthly fee but, the fee can be rebated when:
- The auto decal is placed on your car and,
- You send a photo of the decal to them
How much can I get paid to advertise on my car?
You can get paid to advertise on your car and earn up to $1,500 or more per campaign. The amount you can make will be based on your factors like:
- Car type
- Commute history
This is a passive income opportunity that can pay for your car expenses, like contributing to your car payment, paying for gas, oil changes, and other vehicle expenses.
Pros and Cons | Get Paid to Advertise on Your Car
Here are the pros and cons to keep in mind when pursuing making money advertising on your car.
- Passive income: After the initial application, you match with an advertiser, and your car is wrapped. All you have to do is drive normally, and you earn easy money passively.
- Easy to start: Most of the websites offer a quick application process which makes this within reach for most drivers that have access to a smartphone.
- Multiple companies to work with: There are many car wrap advertisers available. This is another perk because you’ll have many options to pick your favorite company to work with.
- No added wear and tear on your car: You won’t necessarily add extra miles to your car or need to pick up or drop off people or goods. Most advertising companies say the car wrap process does not damage your car.
- Ugly custom wraps: Your wrapped vehicle may not match your aesthetic or be attractive.
- Unwanted attention: There could be car honks and drivers trying to strike up a conversation because of the wrap on your vehicle.
- Long commitments: Committing to longer campaigns than you want or potentially changing your mind during the campaign, which could forfeit your payment or restrict you from using the platform in the future.
- Car wrap scams: Scams exist. It’s important to thoroughly vet a company the best you can to avoid a scam and ensure they are a legitimate, reputable company to do business with.
We just covered how to get paid to advertise on your car. If you don’t mind going through the trouble of putting an advertising wrap on your car, this can be a simple way to make some extra money on the side using your car.
What to keep in mind
- Driver requirements
- Vehicle requirements
- Payment options
There are also requirements for acceptance into a car wrap ad campaign. Qualifying for campaigns will vary based on the company but, in general, expect to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Pass a background check
- Drive a newer model car
- Clean driving record
- A minimum number of miles driven daily
Also, the minimum state requirement for auto insurance is generally required.
So, if you don’t meet the qualifications, car wrap advertising might not work.
And you will want to review the payment options. Some car wrap companies pay via direct deposit, gift cards, or other rewards. Ensure you thoroughly review the payment terms to know how you’ll earn money.
The good news is, this isn’t the only way to make money with your car. There are rideshare driving opportunities for companies like Uber, Doordash, or similar companies. There are also delivery jobs, running errands with companies like TaskRabbit, and other ways to make money driving.
To earn the most money using your car, consider exploring more than one of these driving income streams, which can amplify your results.
Is car wrap advertising an income stream you’d consider?